The Dathedi Concord




"They are puppets all. We need only pull their strings."



The Dathedi Concord is a shadowy criminal organisation which operates in the darkest parts of Hammerhal. Ruled by a dozen ancient aelven families, the Concord has had a hand in illegal activity within the vast city, almost since its foundation.

Taking advantage of their skill at arms, their extremely long lifespans and their innate link to the winds of magic, the aelves of the Concord have risen to the top of a vast criminal enterprise which reaches into every aspect of city life. Operating through proxies and content to allow lesser races to carry out their dirty work the Concord have grown extremely wealthy through smuggling and extortion and other, darker ventures.

With the resurgence of Chaos and the opening of the Realm Gates, business is booming. Individuals who wish to travel between the realms in secret, or seek to purchase arms and armour at knockdown prices need look no further than the agents of the Concord.

Despite this, there are rumours of a power struggle within the organisation. the Concord has traditionally remained neutral in matters which extend beyond the city, as long as the gold and treasure continues to flow, but recently more conscientious (or perhaps wiser) families have expressed concern at the growing threat from Archaon and the Legions of Nagash and are urging their fellows to be more particular in their dealings. Invariably this will affect profits and it remains to be seen how such an attempt to change time honoured business practices will impact on the stability of the Concord.

****

Hello! No pics today but I'm still quite excited because I've finally decided to dip my toes into some AoS28, exactly a year after the movement was started I believe!

I've wanted to put together some kind of AoS warband since the game was launched and I really enjoy the freedom the fairly sparse background offers along with the vastness of the setting itself. I knew right from the start that if I was going to put something together for AoS28, I wanted to make my own faction with its own aesthetic. Some of my early ideas were ambitious to say the least and they've sat idle as I tried to figure out a way to actually implement them. Then, the other night I cracked it!

I was discussing potentially running a Shadows over Hammerhal Warhammer Quest campaign with my friends but I didn't really want them to be fighting Bloodreavers and Blightkings the whole time. I wanted their opponents to be more mundane but still be able to tell an interesting story. Then it struck me - organised crime! Maybe it's my affinity for Inquisitor and Dark Heresy but I wanted to explore the underworld of the free cities, something as far as I'm aware, hasn't really been expanded upon in the background much.

I had a nebulous idea about a kind of Illuminati-meets-Mafia type organisation who run various criminal enterprises in Hammerhal from the shadows. As of today I've named the organisation The Dathedi Concord and written up a bit of fluff for them. Dathedi is Eldar for "Between Colours" and I think it's perfect for a morally ambiguous organisation of aelves concerned only with making profit! In terms of miniatures I've ordered a box of Blood Bowl Elfheim Eagles and a box of Eldar Harlequins to make the aelves themselves and I have tons of bits to make enforcers and henchmen for them, as they prefer to use what they consider lesser species to do their dirty work, meaning I'll have a variety of different races in the warband.

Anyway, I'm off to gather some reference materials - I should have pics of my test model up in a few days!

Comments

  1. This sounds great! There's still a relative dearth of AoS and AoS28 stuff compared to all the excellent 40k material out there, so I'll follow your developments with interest.

    The concept is fascinating too. Aelves are too often either goody two-shoes or blood-raving loonies, so it's nice to see some much more morally grey, out-for-themselves types, and also what they're like away from the battlefield.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts