Death Walks Barefoot



NAUSEA. DREAD. OBLIVION.













****


Hi folks, long time no post! I've just finished the latest member of Udo Motya's warband. This is Null, a pariah-assassin on loan from a mysterious death cult and used by Motya to hunt down particularly dangerous psykers. I call her a pariah but she's not quite on the same level as say, a Culexus Assassin. She has no presence in the warp, is immune to the effects of psychic powers and can hide people near to her from mindscans and psy trackers. I think that makes her a blank actually, but pariah sounds better!

In terms of the mini I'm really happy with how she turned out. The conversion is based on Yvraine with parts from the Dark Eldar Wracks, Admech Electropriests, Vampire Counts Coven Throne and Empire Greatswords. I was a bit apprehensive about painting the model entirely black and I was convinced that I'd made a huge mistake right up until I added the white symbols on the advice of my friends (literally the last thing I did!) and I think they really finish her off nicely. After painting Null I've decided to go back and do a bit more work on Amon, repainting his face and adding some white to him too.

I changed up my photo setup for this model because the black backdrop just doesn't seem to work for models like this! I also didn't bother with my lightbox and the photos turned out fine with very little correction needed in photoshop afterwards. 

I'm going to stick with this simple setup in future - I think I got a bit too carried with making the photos look "INQ28" rather than actually showing off the miniatures in the best light (pun intended) and it kind of ruined the reveal of Amon Vuk a few weeks ago.

Anywho, if you've read this, thank you for your time! Next up I'll be painting a horrible fish guy!

Comments

  1. Wonderful looking model and easily the nicest looking conversion I have seen made with Yvraine model. All the black works wonders on the model and really help build character and atmosphere. Top notch work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best 40k model i have seen in years._ stunning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow guys, thank you so much! I hadn't expected anyone to comment on this at all, let alone to say such nice things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Literally that is the 40k version of Karl Ruprect Kroenen from the first Hellboy movie.

    Amazing atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts