And Now for Something Completely Different...



Mick Bastard

Drummer in the city's third most popular Irish-American punk band, Mick Bastard (Not his real name) was high on PCP and busy vandalising cars when the Zombie Apocalypse hit. Upon recovering his senses and realising that the civilised world had collapsed around him he said "Fuck it!" and turned his trusty baseball bat on the undead...










****


Hello! Something a bit different today. I've been painting up a rendition of Hasslefree Miniatures Joe. It's a great mini that I've actually had lying around for years and I'm hoping to use him in a friend's Zombicide campaign. 

He was fun to paint and "true 28" scale used by Hasslefree made working on him surprisingly challenging - he really is tiny when put next to a GW mini!

I used the super pale skin painting recipe I use for my INQ28 minis on this guy without thinking about it really and I'm not sure it works quite so well in this context. It does make his black eye and bloody nose stand out quite well though and overall I'm pleased with him.

Painting him provided a nice distraction from INQ28 stuff, which I feel I've been forcing a bit lately. In fact, I enjoyed painting him so much that I've ordered a few more zombie apocalypse-type minis from Hasslefree and they should hopefully arrive soon.

Thanks for having a look!

Comments

  1. I think the skin looks good. After all how many night crawling punks have good skin tone?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts