The Wolf at the Door



"I am the wolf at the door." - Amon Vuk, Ordo Hereticus


















****


Hello! It's been ages since I posted anything here - my productivity has definitely taken a dip in the last few weeks! This is Amon Vuk, Chief Interrogator to the shadowy Inquisitor Motya. Inquisitor Motya is notoriously secretive in his work, even by the standards of his fellow Inquisitors and I want to reflect that in the miniatures I'm making for this warband. Amon is quite subdued as throne agents go, he's only got his knife drawn and I like to imagine that he's been caught sneaking around and is reaching for his laspistol as a last resort. I'll have some background on Motya and his crew posted up in the coming days.

My intention with this model was actually to have quite a light colour palette (his coat was originally a lovely mint green!) but I made a bit of a dogs dinner of it and decided to start again. The resultant paintjob is very much inspired by the terrific miniatures of Picta Mortis and I'll be carrying this super dark colour scheme through onto the rest of the warband.

There are still a few things I'd like to fix up, most notably his eyes which are a bit too intense for my liking. I think I'll also spend a bit more time working on his servo skull companion.

Anyway, thanks for looking and remember: Innocence proves nothing! 

Comments

  1. This is one remarkably cool miniature! I love the no-nonsense look of the model and all that you have left to the imagination. It is clear the character is supremely capable and is equipped with all he needs to wage war in the name of the Emperor (all accomplished without having to clutter the model with lots of gaudy detail and oversize equipment like Games Workshop is often prone to doing). The heavy blacks work really work well with the model and fit right alongside Picta Mortis' wonderful models.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Adam, I'm extremely flattered!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts