The Azari Petitioners



"Bring us death or bring us glory, we petition thee."










Raised from the clans which inhabit the hellish rad wastes of Azar Prime, the Azari guard forces fight not for the glory of the Imperium but for the opportunity to escape short and painful lives in the irradiated deserts of their homeworld.


Azari guardsmen are known as Petitioners, for they are promised that if they serve well they may be granted entry to the golden-walled city of Miratio, Azar Prime’s principal hive, a technological wonder where, as the stories go, the people have all they could ever wish for.


Though sickly and often misshapen in appearance, the Petitioners fight with a determination few but the most storied regiments can match, seeking to distinguish themselves in the eyes of their overlords and The Emperor. It is the dream of every Petitioner to one day live among the people of Miratio, a dream only a handful in the regiment’s history have ever realised.


The Petitioners make excellent hostile environment troops, inured to discomfort by their upbringing and made resistant to radiation and chemical attack by the cocktail of drugs used to sustain them.


****


Hello! I'd like to present some photos of my contribution to the Ironsleet Invitational, the Azari Petitioners. I took the title of the Inviational, "Regiments of the Thorn Moons" quite literally and decided to make some bog standard Imperial Guard. These guys would be deployed in their thousands, slogging through the forests and jungles of the Crataegus Fragmentum with little more than their lasguns and a sturdy pair of boots.

I only had about 3 weeks to get the models assembled so these guys were basically built from spare parts! As they're Imperial Guard I thought it was only right to use cadian parts somewhere on them and I had a few old ones lying around so I chopped them up. I replaced their feet with boots from the Genestealer Cultist kit because I feel that the cadian ones are a bit dated at this stage. I used the collars from the same kit but cut them off and spliced them with the cadian torsos. The arms and weapons are all from that kit too. It would have been perfectly acceptable to have them equipped with autoguns but I felt they should be carrying lasguns, I just chopped the barrels and magazines off and replaced them with the equivalent parts from the cadian kit. I might still chop off the leader's autopistol and replace it with a laspistol.

The heads are probably the most distinctive part of these models, they're a combination of poxwalker and skitarii vanguard heads and I think they do a pretty good job of conveying their origins on the rad choked wastes of Azar Prime.

I still have some cleaning up to do and I'd like to add a few more details (maybe shoulder pads?) but they're pretty much ready for painting now. To reinforce the idea that these guys are pretty ordinary imperial guard I'm tempted to paint them in the same colour scheme as the GW studio cadians.


Comments

Popular Posts